Updated February 13, 2017
Dear members of Madison Square Church,
The purpose of this page and the timeline below is to update you on the commitment of our congregation to support parents in the choice of a Christian education for their children. Together as a congregation sharing a covenantal commitment to our children and to Christian day school education, we seek to raise funds annually to help families to off-set the tuition commitment they make to area Christian schools.
Our church currently uses a third-party organization called FACTS to help us to assess the financial need our families may have for tuition.
It is our desire to continue to keep our church’s strong commitment to support our parents in the choice of a Christian education for their children. If you are a Madison family that will be requesting tuition assistance from Madison Square Church for the 2016-2017 school year, this information is intended to guide your family through the completion of the FACTS application process. (Please remember that the fund is for Kindergarten – 12th tuition and does not include preschool tuition for aid.) Your completed FACTS application will help the Madison Square Christian Education Committee in determining the amount of tuition assistance we may commit to support your family.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will again be conducting the application process for our church for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. Families applying for tuition assistance from Madison Square Church will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by April 30, 2017. The FACTS application can now only be completed online; applicants may apply online at any time at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid.
- Click on “Create an Account,” and establish an account or sign in with your existing username and password. It is VERY important that you select/add the name of our church AND any school name so that we get the information routed directly to the church AND to your school. This will ensure that the application can be appropriately processed through the Madison Square Christian Education Committee.
2. Once you have completed the online application and paid the $30 application fee to FACTS, you need to fax the following documentation to FACTS or to mail the following information to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment:
- Copies of your most recent 2015 tax forms, including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2015 W-2 form for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
3. Contact Samson Okoh at 616-719-9258 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your application has been submitted successfully as your application may not make it through even though you may think it’s completed correctly.
The Committee will keep all information submitted to FACTS in strict confidence. If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Service at 866-441-4637, or you may call Samson Okoh (616-719-9258) or Sheryl Boorsma (616-940-9899) from the Madison Square Christian Education Committee.
Thanks for taking the time to complete this application. Please don’t hesitate to call any of the committee members with questions.
Partnering in Christian Education,
Madison Square Christian Education Committee
Samson Okoh; Sheryl Boorsma; Kim Omanche; Alison Adema; Lora Grabow
Staff liaison, Ken Schripsema
Please contact Samson Okoh and Sheryl Boorsma if you are interested in participating on the Committee.
Timeline for Christian Education Committee: Winter / Spring 2016
April 30, 2017 — Families with children in K – 12th grade in 2016-2017 requesting assistance from the church must have their applications submitted to FACTS.
May 27, 2017 — Madison Square Christian Education Committee notifies families that applied to FACTS of the level of financial support that the church will pledge for 2017-2018. Your application will not be accepted if not submitted with confirmation of receipt from Samson Okoh by the due date.
Please prayerfully consider your family’s support of the Madison Square Christian Education Fund for 2017-2018.